Branch Secretary - Bude
Branch Secretary - Bude
We are currently looking for a Branch Secretary to join the Bude branch.
The RNLI has a network of local fundraising teams organising a wide range of activities and events which last year raised £14 million to save lives at sea. Each team is supported by a Community Manager, although the range and frequency of fundraising events is determined by the team members themselves.
The impact you will make
You will enable volunteer RNLI lifeboat crews to save lives at sea by carrying out and supporting vital fundraising activity in your local community.
What you will be doing
- Being the primary point of contact between the group and the Volunteer Experience Team
- Dealing with all group correspondence and regularly distributing information to members
- Ordering fundraising materials and printing
- Organising and administering meetings and assisting at fundraising events and activities
- Encouraging and welcoming new members and supporters into the RNLI, driving our One Crew ethos
Find out more about becoming a fundraising and events volunteer
What you need for this role
- Excellent interpersonal and team working skills
- Good IT skills with access to the internet and email
- Confident handling cash
- Organisational and administrative skills
- Ability to delegate
What’s in it for you
- Join an inclusive and diverse organisation
- Have fun, meet new people and join a motivated and enthusiastic team who are making a difference
- Learn skills and gain experience to enhance your CV
- Gain the satisfaction of giving back
- Training to fulfil your volunteer role will be provided and reasonable out of pocket expenses reimbursed
The RNLI is committed to safeguarding; ensuring the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk. We expect all employees and volunteers to share this commitment and have a zero tolerance approach to proven incidents of bullying, abuse, harassment or exploitation. The suitability of all prospective employees and volunteers will be assessed during the recruitment process in line with this commitment. This will include relevant criminal record checks being carried out dependent on the eligibility of the role. (England & Wales; DBS check, Scotland; Disclosure Scotland PVG, Northern Ireland; Access NI, Republic of Ireland; Garda Vetting; International, International Child Protection Certificate process).
Diversity at the RNLI
Our staff and volunteers have been saving lives at sea without prejudice for nearly 200 years. We respect and value diversity of background, skills and perspectives within our teams, and consider it essential to help us deliver a world-class lifesaving service. We are an inclusive organisation and welcome applications from everyone. In addition to having the skills needed for the role, we also look for applicants who share our commitment to living our RNLI values (trustworthy, courageous, selfless, and dependable), and helping us work towards Our Vision: To save every one.