The RNLI has a network of local fundraising teams organising a wide range of activities and events which last year raised £14 million to save lives at sea. Each team is supported by a Community Manager, although the range and frequency of fundraising events is determined by the team members themselves.
We are currently looking for a branch treasurer for the Durham Branch.
The impact you will make
You will enable volunteer RNLI lifeboat crews to save lives at sea by carrying out and supporting vital fundraising activity in your local community.
What you will be doing
- Following financial procedures and maintaining accurate online records of financial transactions relating to the group.
- Main point of contact for the Branch Accounts Team in relation to reporting and auditing
- Attending meetings and assisting fundraising events and activities
- Encouraging and welcoming a diverse group of new supporters into the RNLI to assist with fundraising activities and helping to drive our One Crew ethos
- Presenting a financial report at meetings and completing an annual statement of accounts
Find out more about becoming a fundraising and events volunteer
What you need for this role
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- IT, organisational and administration skills
- Experience of accounting procedures and willingness to learn and adhere to RNLI financial processes
What’s in it for you
- Join an inclusive and diverse organisation
- Have fun, meet new people and join a motivated and enthusiastic team who are making a difference
- Learn skills and gain experience to enhance your CV
- Gain the satisfaction of giving back
- Training to fulfil your volunteer role will be provided and reasonable out of pocket expenses reimbursed