Volunteer ILB Crew
Volunteer ILB Crew
The RNLI’s Lifeboat Station in Seahouses is looking for volunteers to join the existing team in the role of Inshore Lifeboat Crew.
Established in 1827, Seahouses Lifeboat Station runs both a state-of-the-art Shannon Class all-weather lifeboat, which arrived on station in December 2020, and a D-Class inshore lifeboat. The crews have been presented with four awards for gallantry in the station’s history. The Lifeboat Crew are all volunteers, headed up by the Lifeboat Operations Manager and Deputy Launching Authorities and supported by a Shore Crew team.
All boat and shore crew follow the RNLI’s national Competency Based Training Scheme and respond to pagers when there is a request to launch the lifeboats. The wider team includes volunteer fundraisers, shop volunteers and water safety volunteers.
The impact you will make
This role will help us save lives at sea by ensuring that our lifeboats are in a state of permanent readiness and crewing the lifeboat on service and exercise, under the command of the Helm.
What you will be doing
- Undertake training and maintain competence under the Competency Framework as necessary to fulfil the role of crew member
- Be on call for lifeboat ‘shouts’
- Attend exercises
- Contribute to the overall upkeep of the station, lifeboats and equipment
Find out more (including the requirements) about becoming a lifeboat station volunteer
What you need for this role
- Team player
- Good communicator
- General fitness
- Ability to learn new skills
- Live or work within 4 miles of the station and be between 17 and 55 years of age
What’s in it for you
- Join an inclusive and diverse organisation
- Have fun, meet new people and join a motivated and enthusiastic team who are making a difference
- Learn skills and gain experience to enhance your CV
- Gain the satisfaction of giving back
- Training to fulfil your volunteer role will be provided and reasonable out of pocket expenses reimbursed
Please apply online or for further information contact the RNLI’s Volunteering Team on 01202 663346 or by email on firstname.lastname@example.org